QXY24 – Quart
GXY24 – Gallon
CXY24 – 5 Gallon

Helpful Tip

Use only as specified by the coating, adhesive or hobby product manufacturer. Do not use as a general purpose cleaner. Xylene may soften or damage plastics, synthetics and many other finishes. Use only where specified, and test an inconspicuous area before application. Do not use on linoleum, plastic, rubber, asphalt tile, fiberglass or other synthetic materials. Xylene may harm these surfaces.

OTHER KS Solvents And Thinners PRODUCTS


Sometimes you want to extend drying times to create a hard, protective and glossy finish. That’s when Klean-Strip® Xylene can be used in place of Toluene to thin specified oil-based paint, lacquer, varnish, epoxy, adhesives and synthetic enamels. Xylene will also remove certain adhesives, and is an excellent solvent for cleaning up spills, as well as tools and equipment immediately after use.

Not intended for sale or use in California.

 WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including Ethylbenzene and Cumene, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer.  For more information go to


Follow the coating manufacturer’s instructions for the proper amount of Xylene required. We recommend starting with a ratio of 4 ounces per gallon. Do not use more than recommended.

IMPORTANT: Carefully read all directions, notes and cautions prior to use. Only use this product as directed on the label. Do not apply to floors or other large surface areas because fire and health safety risks will increase dramatically. Protect eyes with chemical splash goggles and avoid prolonged skin contact. 

STORAGE: Do not use or store this product near any source of heat or open flame, furnace areas, pilot lights, stoves, etc. Keep it in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight, at temperatures below 120°. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not reuse this container.

DISPOSAL: If container is corroded, rusted or shows signs of deterioration, dispose of product. Dispose of empty cans and leftover product at your local household hazardous waste collection facility. If one is not available, dispose of in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.

DANGER! FLAMMABLE. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME AND ALL OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. VAPORS MAY TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES TO OTHER AREAS AND ROOMS AWAY FROM WORK SITE. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off all stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone.  USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS. Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms and small, enclosed areas. Whenever possible use outdoors in an open air area. If using indoors open all windows and doors and maintain a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness - STOP - ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately.  IF THE WORK AREA IS NOT WELL VENTILATED, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors.

DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. EYE IRRITANT. VAPOR HARMFUL. Contains Xylene. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse of this product by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Do not take internally. WARNING: Using this product will expose you to chemicals known to the state of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.

FIRST AID - IF SWALLOWED, do not induce vomiting. Immediately call your poison control center, hospital emergency room or physician immediately for instructions. 

IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove any contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes, then get immediate medical attention. 

IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, immediately wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention. 


Not for sale or use in California

Is Klean Strip® Xylene flammable?
Yes, do not use this product near sources of ignition, and do not spread over large areas.

Can I store Klean Strip® Xylene in my backyard shed?
Store in a cool dry place, and keep lid tightly closed.

Can I use Klean Strip® Xylene to clean up after a stripping project?
For best results, use a solvent that doesn’t evaporate as quickly, like Klean Strip® Paint Thinner or Odorless Mineral Spirits.

Will Klean Strip® Xylene work to remove a sealer from my concrete, brick or stone?
Try the product in a small test area and put an absorbent such as kitty litter over it. In many cases the kitty litter can be scraped up half hour to an hour later, and sealer will come right up with it.

What is the shelf life of Klean Strip® Xylene?
The shelf life is three years unopened and six months after opening.

The “Directions for Use” are included to help you better understand our product. However, they do not provide you with all of the information needed to use the product safely and effectively. Prior to using any of our products, you should always read the entire label including all cautions. A copy of the current label is linked to this webpage.