QKSW94341 – Quart


Helpful Tip

Do not use on floors or any large area where a flammable product might be hazardous. For best results, use in temperatures between 65°F and 85°F and away from strong breeze and hot sun. Protect surrounding areas with a plastic drop cloth. To avoid spills always keep container tightly capped. For best results, apply Paint Stripper After Wash while surface is still damp from stripping.


OTHER Removers And Strippers PRODUCTS

Paint Stripper After Wash

With Klean-Strip® Paint Stripper After Wash, you don’t have to be a professional refinisher to get professional-looking results. Klean-Strip® Paint Stripper After Wash is ideal for the crucial middle step in the refinishing process — removing any paint residue left from stripping while conditioning the surface for paint, stain or topcoat. It’s gentle on antiques and fine furniture — and won’t raise the grain of wood or loosen wood joints or veneer. The liquid applies easily with a pad and can be used with all types of paint removers on wood, metal and masonry.

   
  1. Wear chemical-resistant gloves and chemical splash goggles. Open can slowly to relieve pressure.
  2. Pour into a metal container. Dip a stripping pad into Paint Stripper After Wash and clean the surface, rubbing back and forth with the wood grain.
  3. Use fresh wash and clean stripping pads until all surface residue is gone. Change wash often to prevent re-depositing residue.

IMPORTANT: Carefully read all directions, notes and cautions prior to use. Only use this product as directed on the label. Do not use for any other purpose. Do not mix with any other product.

STORAGE: Store in a cool place, below 90°, out of direct sunlight. Exposure to high temperatures or prolonged exposure to sun may cause can to swell or leak.

DISPOSAL: If container is corroded, rusted or shows other signs of deterioration, dispose of product. Dispose of empty cans and leftover product at your local household hazardous waste collection facility. If one is not available, dispose of in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.

DANGER! EXTREMELY FLAMMABLE. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME AND ALL OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off all stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS. Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms, bathtubs and small, enclosed areas. Whenever possible use outdoors in an open air area. If using indoors open all windows and doors and maintain a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness – STOP – ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately. IF THE WORK AREA IS NOT WELL VENTILATED, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors.

DANGER!   POISON. MAY BE FATAL OR CAUSE BLINDNESS IF SWALLOWED. VAPOR HARMFUL. EYE & SKIN IRRITANT. Contains Acetone, Methanol and Xylene. Cannot be made non-poisonous. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse of this product by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Do not take internally. WARNING: This product contains chemicals which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and reproductive harm.

FIRST AID - IF SWALLOWED, call your poison control center, hospital emergency room or physician immediately for instructions.

IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove any contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes, then get immediate medical attention.

IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, irritation may result. Immediately wash with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

Product Category: Paint Remover

MAX V.O.C. 50%

What’s in the Klean Strip® Paint Stripper After Wash?
The primary ingredients are acetone, xylene and methanol.

How long should I let the surface dry before refinishing?
At least 48 hours.

How should I apply the Klean Strip® Paint Stripper After Wash?
Apply with an abrasive scuff pad, rubbing with the grain of the wood. This will help remove stripper residue from the grain of the wood.

Where can I purchase Klean Strip® Paint Stripper After Wash?
Check the “Find A Retailer” link at the top of the page to find a retailer in your area that carries the product.

How do you open the can?
These cans have a plastic flip-top cap. Insert a screwdriver into the slot at the front of the cap and then press down. This will pop the cap open.

What is the shelf life of Klean Strip® Paint Stripper After Wash?
The shelf life is three years unopened and six months after opening.

The “Directions for Use” are included to help you better understand our product. However, they do not provide you with all of the information needed to use the product safely and effectively. Prior to using any of our products, you should always read the entire label including all cautions. A copy of the current label is linked to this webpage.