{scripts_head}


GHB2 – Gallon

NOTES: Do not mix this remover with any other product. Do not use on: Linoleum, plastic, rubber, asphalt tile, fiberglass, or other synthetics. Removers may harm these surfaces. For best results, use in temperatures between 65° and 85°F, and away from strong breeze and hot sun. Once opened, remover should be used within 6 months or disposed of properly to avoid can deterioration. Store in a cool place. Exposure to high temperature or prolonged exposure to sun may cause can to swell or leak. Clean up used rags, paper and waste promptly. Take outdoors, allow liquid to evaporate and sludge to dry, then dispose of in metal container in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.


OTHER Discontinued PRODUCTS

Metal & Masonry Paint Remover

Removes paint, enamel, polyurethane, epoxy, lacquer from metal, brick and masonry.

IMPORTANT SAFETY NOTICE:

Click link to learn more about Hazards of Using Paint Removers for Bathtub Refinishing Operations
 

   

Though this product is no longer available for sale, we continue to provide the “Directions for Use” and product documentation to support Klean-Strip® customers who have previously purchased this product. 

Directions For Use

PREPARATION: Protect hands with solvent-resistant gloves, and eyes with safety glasses. Shake well, open can slowly to relieve pressure.

APPLICATION: Pour remover into a metal container and apply with a brush. If applying to a vertical surface, begin application at the bottom, because vapors are heavier than air and can accumulate near the floor. Flow on a thick, liberal coat to one small area at a time — up to 3' x 3' —because health safety risks will increase dramatically when used over large areas. Brush in one direction only. Do not brush back and forth, as this will destroy the built-in evaporation retardant. Leave the area after applying, while remover is working.

REMOVAL: Do not rush the job. Allow time for remover to do the work. It will loosen most finishes in 10-30 minutes. Test-scrape a small area to see if finish is ready for removal. As long as the remover is wet, it is working. Scrape off loosened finish by gently scraping with a flat scraper or wash off with coarse rags dipped in warm, soapy water. Multiple coats or stubborn finishes may require repeat application. For final cleanup, wipe with mineral spirits. A toothbrush or pointed stick will help remove old finish buried in recesses. Surface should be completely clean and dry before refinishing. Use on these surfaces: glass, masonry, metal and concrete. Stripper may darken certain woods such as oak or other woods containing tannic acids.

CAUTIONS

WARNING: Using this product will expose you to Methylene Chloride which is known to cause cancer.

CAUTION! HARMFUL IF SWALLOWED OR INHALED. SKIN AND EYE IRRITANT. Contains Alcohols, Glycol Ether, less than 4% Methanol, Methylene Chloride. Methylene Chloride has caused cancer in laboratory animal tests. Risk to your health depends on level and duration of exposure. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. For further information, refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet. This product is intended for occasional use only. For OSHA controlled workplace and other regular users – Use only with a properly engineered air control system designed to prevent exceeding appropriate TLV. For occasional use, where engineered air control is not feasible, use properly fitted NIOSH approved self-contained breathing apparatus. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors. Whenever possible, use outdoors in an open-air area. Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms or small enclosed areas. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS. Open all windows and doors. Use only with a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness, headache, nausea or eye-watering – STOP – ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately. Do not take internally. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin and eyes. Contact of liquid o r vapor with flame or hot surfaces will produce toxic gases and a corrosive residue that will cause deterioration of metal. Close container and store upright after each use. Do not reuse this container.

FIRST AID – IF SWALLOWED, call your poison control center, hospital emergency room or physician immediately for instructions.

IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove an y contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes. Get medical attention.

FOR SKIN CONTACT, wash with soap and water. Get medical attention.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

NON-PHOTOCHEMICALLY REACTIVE

MAX V.O.C. - 148 grams per liter

MAX Vapor Pressure of the V.O.C.- 14mm Hg at 20°C

The “Directions for Use” are included to help you better understand our product. However, they do not provide you with all of the information needed to use the product safely and effectively. Prior to using any of our products, you should always read the entire label including all cautions. A copy of the current label is linked to this webpage.