M.E.K. Substitute

Klean-Strip® Methyl Ethyl Ketone Substitute is a thinner for specified coatings, including polyester and epoxy resins, ink, adhesives and contact cement. It is recommended for use when a rate of evaporation slower than acetone is desired.

Not intended for sale or use in California.

   

Though this product is no longer available for sale, we continue to provide the “Directions for Use” and product documentation to support Klean-Strip® customers who have previously purchased this product. 

Directions For Use: Follow the coating manufacturer’s instructions for the proper amount required; do not use more than recommended.

IMPORTANT: Carefully read all directions, notes and cautions prior to use. Only use this product as directed on the label. Do not use as a fuel. Do not use for any other purpose. Do not spread this product over large surface areas because fire and health safety risks will increase dramatically. Protect eyes with chemical splash goggles and avoid prolonged skin contact.

RESPONSIBLE USE AND HANDLING OF ALL CHEMICALS CAN PREVENT HARM TO YOU AND THE ENVIRONMENT.

STORAGE: Do not use or store this product near any source of heat or open flame, furnace areas, pilot lights, stoves, etc. Keep it in a cool, dry spot. Keep container closed when not in use. Do not reuse this container.

DISPOSAL: Dispose of in accordance with federal, state and local regulations.

DANGER! FLAMMABLE. KEEP AWAY FROM HEAT, SPARKS, FLAME AND ALL OTHER SOURCES OF IGNITION. VAPORS MAY CAUSE FLASH FIRE OR IGNITE EXPLOSIVELY. VAPORS MAY TRAVEL LONG DISTANCES TO OTHER AREAS AND ROOMS AWAY FROM WORK SITE. Do not smoke. Extinguish all flames and pilot lights, and turn off all stoves, heaters, electric motors and all other sources of ignition during use and until all vapors are gone. USE ONLY WITH ADEQUATE VENTILATION TO PREVENT BUILDUP OF VAPORS. Do not use in areas where vapors can accumulate and concentrate such as basements, bathrooms and small, enclosed areas. Whenever possible use outdoors in an open air area. If using indoors open all windows and doors and maintain a cross ventilation of moving fresh air across the work area. If strong odor is noticed or you experience slight dizziness – STOP – ventilation is inadequate. Leave area immediately. IF THE WORK AREA IS NOT WELL VENTILATED, DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT. A dust mask does not provide protection against vapors

DANGER! HARMFUL OR FATAL IF SWALLOWED. EYE IRRITANT. Contains Ethyl Acetate. Reports have associated repeated and prolonged overexposure to solvents with neurological and other physiological damage. Intentional misuse of this product by deliberately concentrating and inhaling vapors can be harmful or fatal. Avoid breathing of vapors or mist and contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Do not take internally.

FIRST AID - IF SWALLOWED, do not induce vomiting, immediately call your poison control center, hospital emergency room or physician immediately for instructions.

IN CASE OF EYE CONTACT, immediately flush with water, remove any contact lens, continue flushing with water for at least 15 minutes, then get immediate medical attention.

IN CASE OF SKIN CONTACT, immediately was with soap and water. If irritation persists, get medical attention.

KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

Not intended for sale or use in California.

The “Directions for Use” are included to help you better understand our product. However, they do not provide you with all of the information needed to use the product safely and effectively. Prior to using any of our products, you should always read the entire label including all cautions. A copy of the current label is linked to this webpage.